NADA - National Alliance for the
Development of Archery NFAA/NAA Instructor Training & Certification
2003 NADA was founded by former marketing director of AMO, Doug Engh and 2-time
US Olympic archery coach, Lloyd Brown (volunteer founder) – both with
extensive experience in promoting recreational archery. NADA Executive Director,
Doug Engh, is current member of NFAA and Vice President of NFAA-affiliated Gator
Bowman Archery Club in Gainesville, FL. In 2002, NADA assisted in supporting
over 300 NAA instructor training courses which resulted in over 3,000 basic and
intermediate instructors being certified.
For NFAA, NADA will:
- Develop and manage a national network or training Basic (Level 1) and
Intermediate (Level 2) NFAA archery instructors using the talents of local
qualified course instructors.
- Create joint training materials that reflect NAA/NFAA instructor
- Participate on the NFAA Instructor Committee to insure that training
schedules and course material standards are maintained.
- Keep costs to the participants to a minimum while expanding instructor
training opportunities. Program and materials costs will be kept at parity
with NAA program.
- Provide free loaner archery equipment to courses offered with more than 6
participants. (Choice of recurve bows or Mathews Genesis compound bows).
- Offer optional NADA instructor professional/personal liability insurance
to all NFAA-certified instructors and coaches.
- Conduct regional intermediate training seminars utilizing NFAA Master
- Assist in distributing NFAA promo materials to help create more NFAA
members and clubs.
- Maintain a database of recently certified instructors, NFAA coaches and
- Be available to create optional promotional materials on behalf of NFAA as
NADA has proven track record in:
- Serving course instructors with timely shipments and billing of course
- Serving instructor training host sites by finding local course
instructors, shipping course materials and providing free loaner archery
equipment for courses.
- Serving office staff/Boards of archery organizations with performance
reports, mailing lists, and distribution of promotional materials to
instructors and targeted recreation organizations.
- Serving on archery organization Boards and Committees.
- Exhibiting at recreation-industry trade shows promoting the sport of
archery instructor training.
- Advanced industry knowledge in locating manufacturers, equipment
availability, local funding sources, specializing training aids, pro-shops,
- Annual grant of $8,000 to NADA due on agreement signing (same agreement as
- 4-year initial contract (taking into account a set-up and transition
- Instructor training packets will be priced the same as NAA. Each cost
includes certification fee which will be retained by NADA for its own use.
- Level 1 instructor training packet - currently $20 including certification
- Level 2 instructor training packet - currently $25 including certification
- Course instructor fee for Level 1 course will be same as NAA, and paid to
-150 for 12 participants or less (8 hour course)
- $225 for more than 12 participants (12 hour course)
- Course fees for Level 2 courses to be determined by NFAA Instructor